Paper Submission portal
Call for Papers
The organizing committee is pleased to announce the call for papers for the 20th International Congress of Phonetic Sciences which will take place on August 7–11, 2023, in Prague, Czech Republic.
Authors are invited to submit papers on original, unpublished research in the phonetic sciences. The theme of the Congress is “Intermingling Communities and Changing Cultures”. Papers related to this theme are especially encouraged, but we welcome papers related to any of the scientific areas.
- There is a two-stage submission process. The (extended) deadline for submitting the title and abstract is January 2, 2023, and these (as well as the authorship) cannot be changed afterwards. Authors may submit their full papers along with the abstract, but the submission portal will remain open until January 6, 2023, for uploading or revising the full paper.
- All papers must be submitted only via the online form that is accessible in the User zone.
- Authors are encouraged to use the ICPhS templates to produce their papers – download the Word or LaTeX template. Details of the required paper format are provided in these templates. Papers must be submitted in PDF format.
- Fill in the submitting author's name and e-mail address properly – these contact details will serve for further correspondence with the author(s).
- Choose the scientific area with which you want your paper to be associated. If relevant, choose up to two alternative scientific areas.
- Please choose the desired presentation form (Oral or Poster presentation). Please note that the scientific committee will decide whether your paper is accepted as an oral presentation or as a poster.
- The full-paper submission may contain up to four A4 pages, with an additional page for references - for both oral or poster presentations. Accepted papers will be published in the Congress proceedings.
- Authors will be notified about the submission of their abstract by e-mail immediately. If you do not receive confirmation within 24 hours, please check your spam folder. If you receive no confirmation e-mail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Authors will be notified by email whether their paper has been accepted for presentation at the congress.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the Abstract Book. Abstracts not suitable for reproduction will be rejected. Please have your abstract proofread for correct spelling, punctuation and grammar. Abstracts will be published without further reviewing. In exceptional cases the abstracts may be edited.
If you have difficulties submitting your abstracts or should you need any further information, please contact the Congress Department at email@example.com.
For the final Congress programme (which includes main and special sessions), there must be at least one unique author registration per paper; i.e., it must be the case that at least one of the authors for each paper is registered for the Congress and they are not also the only registered author for any other paper. In other words, every paper must be covered by a registration fee
Submissions will be subject to a double-blind peer review process based on the full paper. Authors will be notified of the decisions regarding acceptance by March 31, 2023.
The deadline for submitting the revised paper is April 28, 2023.
We invite those interested in arranging a satellite event to contact the organizing committee via firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Submission portal opens|||||October 2022|
|Abstract submission deadline|||||̶D̶e̶c̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶1̶,̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶2̶ January 2, 2023|
|Full-paper submission deadline|||||̶D̶e̶c̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶8,̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶2̶ January 6, 2023|
|Paper decisions announced|||||̶F̶e̶b̶r̶u̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶2̶8̶,̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3̶ March 31, 2023|
|Revisions due|||||̶A̶p̶r̶i̶l̶ ̶1̶0̶,̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3̶ April 28, 2023|
|Early registration deadline|||||May 5, 2023|
|Standard registration deadline|||||July 30, 2023|
|Onsite registration|||||from July 31, 2023|
|Congress dates|||||August 7–11, 2023|